- How To Cook
- 4 slices Honeysuckle White® Turkey Bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound asparagus (trimmed and cut in 2-inch pieces)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup low-fat ricotta
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 fresh green onions, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. In a 10-inch ovenproof omelet pan, heat the oil and cook the bacon over medium heat for 4 minutes per side, until the bacon is browned and crisp. Remove the bacon, drain on paper towels and crumble or roughly chop.
3. Add the asparagus to the pan and cook until tender and beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Transfer out of the pan, and wipe the pan clean.
4. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, ricotta and 1/2 teaspoon salt together with a fork. Add the asparagus.
5. Return the pan to medium heat. Add the butter to the pan, lower the heat and when butter is melted and stops foaming, pour the egg-asparagus mixture into the hot pan. Top with the bacon and green onions. Place the pan in the oven and bake just until the eggs are set, 15 to 20 minutes. Top with freshly ground black pepper, if desired.
|Serving Size||1/6 of frittata|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat||120|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 13 g||20 %|
|Saturated fat 5 g||25 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 205 mg||68 %|
|Sodium 200 mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 4 g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||4 %|
|Sugars 1 g|
|Protein 12 g|
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 6%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|