- How To Cook
- Cooking spray
- 8 Honeysuckle White® Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 1 cup finely chopped white or yellow onion
- 2 cups finely chopped mushrooms
- Vegetable or olive oil
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat lightly with cooking spray.
2. Coat a large, preferably nonstick, skillet with cooking spray, and cook the onion until softened but not brown, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the sausages and mushrooms and cook, crumbling the sausage. Cook until no liquid remains, but mixture is still moist.
4. Divide dough into 8 pieces. Oil hands with vegetable or olive oil and pat out the dough into 5-inch circles and place on a clean work surface.
5. Combine the sausage mixture with the cheese in a bowl. Divide the filling evenly and place in the center of each round of dough.
6. Pull up the edges to form a round bun, and pinch the seams together.
7. Place the buns at least 1/2 inch apart on the greased baking sheet with seam side down.
8. Brush each bun with egg. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
9. Dip a sage leaf into the egg and place on top of each bun.
10. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving. Note: Buns can be stored in the refrigerator and reheated in a toaster oven.
|Serving Size||2 buns|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat||140|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 16 g||25 %|
|Saturated fat 3.5 g||18 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 95 mg||32 %|
|Sodium 1130 mg||47 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 57 g||19 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3 g||12 %|
|Sugars 9 g|
|Protein 25 g|
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 4%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|