- How To Cook
- 1 1/4 packages Honeysuckle White® Turkey Thighs, skinned and boned
- 1 teaspoon olive, corn or peanut oil
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) no-salt-added tomatoes, undrained, or 4 to 5 ripe medium tomatoes, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon salt-free Italian seasoning or 1 teaspoon each fresh oregano and basil, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 to 8 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 small white onion, peeled and quartered
1. Cut each turkey thigh into three pieces.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
3. Cook turkey until no longer pink, about 2 to 3 minutes per side for each piece.
4. Combine tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; mix well.
5. Spoon over turkey. Reduce heat; simmer partially covered for 25 to 30 minutes.
6. Add mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash and onion. Continue simmering partially covered for 7 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp and turkey is fork-tender
|Serving Size||About 1 2/3 cups (turkey skin not included in analysis)|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat||205|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 23 g||35 %|
|Saturated fat 5 g||25 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 145 mg||48 %|
|Sodium 210 mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 9 g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||8 %|
|Sugars 6 g|
|Protein 33 g|
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 50%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|