- How To Cook
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough, white or whole wheat
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 medium-size sweet onion, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon plain yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 pound Honeysuckle White® Breakfast Sausage links (7 links), cooked according to package instructions, sliced into rounds
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced thyme leaves
1. Preheat oven to 500° F and set a rack in the top third of the oven. Heat a large nonstick skillet, spray with cooking spray, and cook the onion and pepper until tender-crisp, about 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Roll dough to about 1/4-inch thickness (about 14 x 10 inches) on a lightly floured surface.
3. Spray a 15 x 10-inch rimmed sheet pan with cooking spray and sprinkle with cornmeal.
4. Transfer dough to pan and sprinkle with the cheddar cheese and top with the sausage slices and onion and pepper mixture.
5. Bake the pizza for 15 minutes.
6. Remove pizza from the oven and crack the eggs on top leaving space between each one.
7. Return to the oven and bake for about 10 more minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking and crust is crisp. Sprinkle with thyme before serving.
|Serving Size||1/4 of pizza|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat||270|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 30 g||46 %|
|Saturated fat 12 g||60 %|
|Trans fat 0.5 g|
|Cholesterol 270 mg||90 %|
|Sodium 1520 mg||63 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 59 g||20 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||8 %|
|Sugars 10 g|
|Protein 35 g|
Vitamin A 25%
Vitamin C 35%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|