- How To Cook
- 1 large white or yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 package Honeysuckle White® Turkey Drumsticks, skin removed, about 2 pounds
- 1 1/2 cups frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
1. Combine the onion, cranberry sauce, chicken broth, vinegar and salt in a 4- to 6-quart oval slow cooker.
2. Add the turkey drumsticks to the slow cooker and coat with the cranberry mixture.
3. Cover and cook until tender, about 4 hours on high, 6 hours on low.
4. Add the frozen cranberries and cook for another 15 minutes.
5. Combine the cornstarch and water and gently stir into the slow cooker. Cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until sauce bubbles and thickens.
6. Pull the meat from the bones. Serve with mashed potatoes and roasted Brussels sprouts (optional).
|Serving Size||About 1.25 cups (turkey skin not included in analysis)|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat||135|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 14 g||21 %|
|Saturated fat 4 g||20 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 160 mg||53 %|
|Sodium 450 mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 49 g||16 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||8 %|
|Sugars 36 g|
|Protein 47 g|
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 15%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|