- How To Cook
- 1 Honeysuckle White® Fresh All Natural Whole Turkey
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 3 tbs light brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 8 tbs (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs honey
- 4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 2x1-inch strips orange zest
- Recipe & images courtesy of 'Caramelized’
1. Place salt, brown sugar, garlic powder and dried rosemary in a small bowl. Work with fingers until incorporated. Place turkey on a wire rack set inside a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle and pat brine all over outside and inside of turkey, nudging some into crevices. Chill bird, uncovered, for at least 12 hours and up to 2 days.
2. Remove turkey from rack and rinse baking dish. Line with 3 layers of aluminum foil and set rack back inside. Place turkey, breast side up, on rack and tuck wings underneath. Allow turkey to sit at room temperature for 2-3 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 450º. Loosen skin on turkey breasts and spread 2 tablespoons of butter underneath skin atop both breasts. Smear outside of turkey with another 2 tablespoons of butter.
4. Tie legs with kitchen twine and transfer turkey to oven. Pour 1 cup water into baking sheet and roast, rotating pan after 15 minutes, until skin is golden brown, approximately 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, heat 4 remaining tablespoons of butter, vinegar, honey, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, garlic, and orange zest over medium heat until bubbling and slightly thickened, about 7 minutes. Reduce heat to low to keep warm.
6. Reduce oven temperature to 300º and continue to roast turkey, brushing glaze every 30 minutes and adding an additional 1/2 cup of water to the baking sheet to retain liquid. Continue until the thickest part of breast reads 150 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, about 60-90 minutes longer when skin reaches brown, crisp and shiny look.
7. Transfer turkey to a cutting board and allow to rest 30 minutes before carving.
|Serving Size||About 3oz. cooked turkey|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 18 g||23 %|
|Saturated fat 8 g||40 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 105 mg||35 %|
|Sodium 1720 mg||75 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 10 g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0 g|
|Sugars 8 g|
|Protein 24 g|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|