- How To Cook
- 2 pounds red baby potatoes
- 8 ounces thick sliced bacon, cut into 1/4" pieces
- 3/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
1. Place potatoes in a large pot and add enough water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender (approximately 25 minutes). Once cooked, drain.
2. While potatoes are cooking, cut bacon into 1/8” slices and cook in a large sauté pan until crispy, do not drain the grease.
3. Add diced onions and cook until the onions are slightly browned, soft and translucent.
4. Add vinegar, brown sugar, whole grain mustard, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes and set aside.
5. Cut cooked potatoes into 1/4” coins and place into a baking pan. Pour the sauce mixture with the bacon and onions over the potatoes, add the chopped chives and gently toss.