- How To Cook
- 1 package Honeysuckle White® ground turkey, about 1 lb
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can yellow corn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can light red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Recipe courtesy of Little Eats & Things
Turkey Taco Meat:
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add Honeysuckle White® Ground Turkey and onion to the pot and cook until meat is brown and 165ºF using a meat thermometer and onions are soft.
2. Stir in stewed tomatoes, corn, diced tomatoes/green chilies, kidney beans, black beans, and taco seasoning. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
3. Continue to simmer for about 15 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
For Taco Soup:
5. Add 2 cups water and simmer
6. Serve with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
For Easy, Loaded Nachos:
5. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
6. Line a baking sheet with foil and spread chips on top. Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese over the chips, followed by the ground turkey mixture.
7. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top, and bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until cheese is good and melty.
8. Serve warm and top with guacamole, sour cream or salsa, if desired. Enjoy!
|Serving Size||1/6 of prepared meat|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 12 g||15 %|
|Saturated fat 3 g||15 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 50 mg||17 %|
|Sodium 1075 mg||47 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 42 g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 13 g||47 %|
|Sugars 11 g|
|Protein 25 g|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|