- How To Cook
- 2 pounds medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 heads garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup for vegan option)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Images & recipe courtesy of Fit Foodie Finds
1. First, preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Next, prepare vegetables. Cut carrots in half hot dog-style and then again hamburger-style so that you quarter them. Place them on baking sheet.
3. Slice a medium-sized onion and add that to the baking sheet.
4. Next, slice both ends off of 2 bulbs of garlic, keeping them in their casing and place those on the baking sheet as well.
5. Drizzle veggies with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and toss so that everything is coated.
6. Roast vegetables at 400ºF for 25 minutes. Then, remove and toss. Drizzle on honey and balsamic vinegar and toss again. Make sure to flip garlic heads over.
7. Place back in the oven and roast for another 20 minutes at 400ºF.
8. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Then, carefully squeeze garlic cloves out of the bulbs and toss with roasted vegetables.