- How To Cook
- 1 package of Honeysuckle White® Hot Italian Turkey Sausage Links
- 5 sub rolls or brat buns
- 1 fennel bulb, core removed, sliced very thin
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup diced red pepper
- ¼ cup jarred coleslaw dressing
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat outdoor grill or charcoal grill to 550°F and lightly oil the grates.
2. Place the turkey sausages on the grill and cook for 5 to 7 ½ minutes, then flip.
3. Cook until they reach a minimum internal temperature of 165°F (approximately 5 to 7 ½ additional minutes). Use a meat thermometer to confirm internal temperature.
4. While turkey sausages are cooking, heat the buns in the oven or on the grill (optional).
5. To make the slaw, core the fennel, then thinly slice. Place in a mixing bowl and add shredded green cabbage, diced red onions, and diced red peppers. Gently toss. Then add the store-bought dressing, vinegar, salt and pepper. Thoroughly mix and set aside. The coleslaw can be made 1 day prior.
6. Once sausages are cooked, place buns on clean/sanitized work surface. Place the sausages in the bun, then top with the coleslaw.
7. Place on a platter and serve immediately.
|Serving Size||1 sausage with slaw|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 17 g||22 %|
|Saturated fat 4 g||21 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 70 mg||24 %|
|Sodium 1300 mg||56 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 60 g||22 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4 g||15 %|
|Sugars 11 g|
|Protein 32 g|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|