- How To Cook
- 1 package Honeysuckle White® 97% or 99% Lean Ground Turkey
- 2, 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin spice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 6 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Pita bread or pita chips
- Chopped parsley or cilantro (optional)
1. Combine chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, tahini, 6 tablespoons olive oil and water.
2. In a food processor, puree chickpea mixture until smooth and creamy to create hummus.
3. In a non-stick skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
4. Add ground turkey to the skillet and season with the remaining teaspoon salt and pumpkin spice. Cook, stirring until brown and fragrant and turkey is cooked to 165° F, about 5-6 minutes.
5. Spread the hummus on a large flat plate or platter. Top with turkey mixture and garnish with pine nuts.
6. Serve with pita or pita chips and garnish with parsley or cilantro, if desired
Note: To toast pine nuts, bake for 5 minutes at 375° F on a baking sheet.
|Serving Size||1 pita bread, about 1/2 cup hummus, and about 1/2 cup turkey|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 31 g||40 %|
|Saturated fat 4.5 g||23 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 45 mg||15 %|
|Sodium 880 mg||38 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 48 g||17 %|
|Dietary Fiber 9 g||32 %|
|Sugars 6 g|
|Protein 33 g|
Vitamin D 0%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|