- How To Cook
- 2 packages Honeysuckle White® Turkey Split Breasts
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 chicken bullion cube
- 1/4 cup Kosher salt
- Barbecue sauce, to taste
- Recipe and images courtesy of ‘Redefined Mom’
1. Brine turkey breast in cool water and kosher salt for 4 – 6 hours (can also go as long as overnight).
2. To brine, place thawed turkey breast in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. Mix eight cups of cool water with 1/4 cup kosher salt. Stir till dissolved.
4. Pour salt/water mixture over turkey breast until turkey breast is covered. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to cook.
5. When ready to cook, take turkey breast out of the brine. Discard brine.
6. Pat turkey dry with paper towels and remove and discard skin. Season generously with salt and pepper.
7. Pour apple cider and bullion in the bottom of Instant Pot, place steaming rack inside, and put seasoned turkey breast on top.
8. Lock lid, select the Meat function, and set timer for 45 minutes.
9. Quick release value after the timer beeps and remove the turkey breast from the cooker. Place on a foil-lined cookie sheet and brush barbecue sauce on the meat side of the breast.
10. Broil turkey breast for 5 – 6 minutes (watching carefully to prevent charring). Turkey is fully cooked when meat reaches an internal temperature of 165°F using a meat thermometer.
11. Shred breast after cooking and place on platter. Serve with additional barbecue sauce.
|Serving Size||About 4 oz. cooked turkey|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 12 g||15 %|
|Saturated fat 3.5 g||18 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 95 mg||32 %|
|Sodium 220 mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 0 g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0 g||0 %|
|Sugars 0 g|
|Protein 32 g|
Vitamin D 0%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|