- How To Cook
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, washed and coarsely chopped
- 1 pound garganelli or penne rigate
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package Honeysuckle White® Ground Italian Sausage roll
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to the package directions, but 2 minutes before the pasta is done (the very center of the pasta should still be raw) add the broccoli rabe and continue cooking. Drain and set aside.
2. Return the pot to the stove over medium heat; add the oil. Add the sausage and cook until no longer pink, breaking it up as it browns, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the onion to the sausage and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
4. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper. Cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
5. Add the chicken broth and bring to a simmer and stir in black pepper.
6. Add the drained pasta and broccoli rabe to the sausage onion sauce and toss until the pasta is coated in the sauce. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
|Serving Size||About 1 2/3 cups|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat||100|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 11 g||17 %|
|Saturated fat 2.5 g||14 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 30 mg||10 %|
|Sodium 350 mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 62 g||21 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5 g||20 %|
|Sugars 4 g|
|Protein 21 g|
Vitamin A 40%
Vitamin C 30%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|