- How To Cook
- 1 package of Honeysuckle White® McCormick® Grill Mates® Montreal Turkey Marinated Turkey Breast Tenderloins
- 1 red onion, cut into 2” cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2” cubes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 2” cubes
- ¼ cup Italian dressing
- Basil Pesto:
- 2 cups fresh basil, leaves only
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup of slivered almonds or toasted pine nuts
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- Salt, season to taste
1. One day prior, or the morning of, cut vegetables into 2” cubes and place in a plastic resealable bag. Add Italian dressing and allow to marinate. Once marinated, alternate the various vegetables on a 6” skewer until the skewer is full. Repeat until all vegetables are used.
2. Remove the tenderloins from the package and then cut into 2” cubes. Place 4 to 5 pieces on wooden or metal skewers. If using wooden skewers, soak in water for a minimum of 3 hours to prevent the skewers from burning while cooking.
3. Preheat outdoor grill or charcoal grill to 350°F and lightly oil the grates.
4. Place the turkey tenderloin skewers and vegetable skewers on the grill and cook 10 to 12 ½ minutes, then flip.
5. Continue to cook until they reach a minimum internal temperature of 165°F (approximately 10 to 12 ½ additional minutes). Use a meat thermometer to confirm internal temperature.
6. While turkey tenderloins and vegetable skewers are cooking, prepare the Basil Pesto (can be made a day prior).
7. Using a food processor, blend together the basil, garlic and cheese until coarsely chopped. With the food processor running, slowly add the olive oil and blend until smooth. Salt to taste, then set aside until needed.
8. Once the kabobs are cooked, place on a large platter then top the turkey kabobs with a small amount of basil pesto. Place the remaining pesto in a small bowl.
9. Serve immediately.
|Serving Size||1/6 of prepared meal|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 29 g||37 %|
|Saturated fat 4 g||21 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 50 mg||16 %|
|Sodium 880 mg||38 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 10 g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||6 %|
|Sugars 4 g|
|Protein 30 g|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|