- How To Cook
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 Honeysuckle White® Fresh Bone-In Turkey Breast (about 4 pounds)
- 1 (16-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced or grated ginger
- Chopped cilantro
- Couscous (Optional)
1. In small bowl, combine cumin, salt, black pepper, cinnamon and cayenne pepper; rub turkey with spice mixture.
2. In a large-size slow cooker, combine garbanzos, tomatoes, onion, carrots and ginger; place turkey on top.
3. Cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast registers 165° F.
4. Remove skin and slice turkey.
5. Arrange turkey on a serving platter; spoon vegetables and sauce on top
6. Sprinkle with cilantro.
7. Serve with couscous mixed with cilantro (optional).
|Serving Size||About 6 oz. cooked turkey and 1 cup bean mixture (turkey skin not included in analysis)|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat||130|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 15 g||21 %|
|Saturated fat 3.5 g||18 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 165 mg||55 %|
|Sodium 1230 mg||51 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 26 g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7 g||28 %|
|Sugars 7 g|
|Protein 66 g|
Vitamin A 110%
Vitamin C 25%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|