- How To Cook
- 1 Honeysuckle White® Fresh All Natural Whole Turkey
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 325° F. Locate and set aside neck and giblets package from inside the turkey cavity. Unwrap the turkey in the sink and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Coat the outside of the turkey with butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and place on a rack in a large roasting pan and roast for 1 hour.
3. Combine the chicken broth, pomegranate juice and maple syrup in a nonstick skillet and bring to a simmer over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 1/3 cup, about 30 minutes.
4. After 1 hour of roasting, begin basting with the glaze. If the bird gets too dark, cover loosely with foil. Continue roasting until a thermometer inserted into the breast reaches 170° F.
5. Transfer the turkey to a platter, tent with foil and let rest 30 minutes before slicing.
|Serving Size||About 3 oz. cooked turkey and 2 tsps. glaze|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat||120|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 14 g||22 %|
|Saturated fat 5 g||25 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 95 mg||32 %|
|Sodium 370 mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 11 g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0 g||0 %|
|Sugars 10 g|
|Protein 24 g|
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 0%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|