- How To Cook
- 1 package Honeysuckle White® ground turkey, about 1 lb
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 shallots or 1/2 a red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 squares ramen noodles, flavor packets discarded or saved for later
- sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- shredded carrots and sliced green onions, for serving (optional)
- Images & recipe courtesy of My Modern Cookery
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the shallots and cook until the shallots begin to caramelize, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the Honeysuckle White® Ground Turkey, garlic, and cinnamon. Brown all over, breaking the turkey up as it cooks, about 5 minutes, until the temperature reads 165ºF using a meat thermometer.
3. Pour in the soy sauce, vinegar, fish sauce and maple syrup. Bring the sauce to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until the sauce coats the turkey, about 5-8 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cook the noodles. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil the ramen according to package directions. Scoop out about 1/2 cup cooking water to reserve, then drain.
5. Add the noodles and 1/4 cup of the reserved water to the turkey mixture. Toss to coat and add more pasta water to get your desired sauce consistency.
6. Divide the noodles between plates. Top with sesame seeds, carrots and green onions, if using.