Slow-Cooked Coconut Curry Turkey Noodle Soup
- 4 Servings
- 10 mins Prep Time
- 4 hrs 30 mins Total Time
- 1 large Whole Turkey Wing, about 1 3/4 pounds, separated at the joints
- 1/4 cup finely minced white or yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can reduced-fat or light coconut milk
- 3 ounces mai fun style thin rice noodles
- 1 medium red pepper, seeds removed and thinly sliced, about 1 cup
- Soy sauce, to taste
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- Lime, sliced into wedges
- 8 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup sliced jalapeños
|Serving Size||About 1 cup (turkey skin not included in analysis)|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat||100|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 12 g||19 %|
|Saturated fat 7 g||35 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 145 mg||48 %|
|Sodium 190 mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 29 g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3 g||12 %|
|Sugars 4 g|
|Protein 41 g|
Vitamin A 25%
Vitamin C 80%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|
Step 1Combine the onion, curry powder and ginger in a 4- to 6-quart oval slow cooker.
Step 2Stir in the chicken broth, coconut milk and the turkey wing. Cover and cook for 4 hours on low or 2 hours on high or until turkey is fork tender.
Step 3Remove the turkey wing from the broth. When cool enough to handle strip off the skin and discard. Pull the meat from the bones and shred into small pieces. Add the meat back to the slow cooker and discard the bones.
Step 4Break up the rice noodles and add them and the red pepper to the slow cooker. Cover and cook until noodles are cooked, about 20 minutes.
Step 5Season with soy sauce to taste. Serve each bowl of soup with bean sprouts, lime, cilantro and jalapeños.