- How To Cook
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) whole tomatillos, drained
- 2 cans (4.5 ounces each) chopped green chiles, mild or medium
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 14.5-ounce cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 large yellow or white onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Honeysuckle White® Split Turkey Breast, skin removed, about 2 pounds
- 1 29-ounce can white hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lime cut into 6 wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed and sliced
1. Place tomatillos and green chiles in blender and blend until smooth. Add to an oval 4- to 6-quart slow cooker.
2. Add the cumin, salt, pepper, broth, onions and garlic, and stir. Then add the turkey and make sure it’s completely coated in liquid. Cover; cook until turkey is fork tender, about 4 hours on high or about 6 hours on low.
3. Remove the turkey from the soup and let cool. Shred the meat and return to soup; discard the bone.
4. Stir hominy into slow cooker. Cover; cook on high for 1 hour longer. Season to taste with salt.
5. Garnish individual servings with avocado, cilantro, cabbage and radish slices, and serve each bowl with a wedge of lime.
|Serving Size||About 1.5 cups (turkey skin not included in analysis)|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat||150|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 17 g||26 %|
|Saturated fat 3 g||15 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 75 mg||25 %|
|Sodium 1720 mg||72 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 46 g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 18 g||72 %|
|Sugars 9 g|
|Protein 40 g|
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 70%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|