Southwest Turkey Burger
- 4 Servings
- 30 mins Prep Time
- 1 hr Total Time
- 1 package Cranberry & Jalapeño Turkey Patties
- 4 Brioche Buns
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 tablespoons bottled avocado ranch
- 1 cup shredded cabbage mix (combine 1 cup of shredded green cabbage, 2 Tbsp. of diced white onion, 2 Tbsp. of rough chopped cilantro, 1Tbsp. of lime juice, and 1 tsp. of salt)
- 1 cup pickled red onions (can be made 1 day prior. Combine 1 cup ¼” julienne sliced onions, 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar, 2 Tbsp. Kosher Salt, ¼ cup of Sugar, and 1 Tbsp. Black Pepper)
- 1 cup prepared store bought guacamole
|Serving Size||1 burger|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 34 g||44 %|
|Saturated fat 13 g||65 %|
|Cholesterol 165 mg||55 %|
|Sodium 2850 mg||124 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 50 g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3 g||11 %|
|Sugars 18 g|
|Protein 39 g|
Vitamin D 0%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|
Step 1Prior to cooking the turkey burgers prepare the pickled red onions and the shredded cabbage mix.
Step 2For the shredded cabbage mix, mix together all of the ingredients. Allow to sit for a minimum of 1 hour.
Step 3For the turkey burgers heat a sauté pan or griddle over medium high heat. Once pan or griddle is hot, place the turkey burgers on the skillet or griddle and cook 4 minutes then flip.
Step 4Cook for 2 minutes then place a slice of cheese on each turkey burger and cook until they reach a minimum internal temperature of 165°F (approximately 2 additional minutes). Use a meat thermometer to confirm internal temperature.
Step 5While turkey burgers are cooking, heat the buns in the oven or in a toaster (optional).
Step 6Once cooked, place buns on clean/sanitized work surface. Spread bottom bun with 1 tablespoon. each of avocado ranch.
Step 7Next top ¼ cup shredded cabbage mix, then ¼ cup pickled red onions.
Step 8Place turkey burger on top of the onions, then place the guacamole on top of turkey burger, place top bun over the turkey burger.
Step 9Place on a platter and serve immediately.