- How To Cook
- 1 package Honeysuckle White® Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage Links
- 5 sub rolls or brat buns
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, cut into ¼” julienned slices
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, cut into ¼” julienned slices
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, cut into ¼” julienned slices
- 1 cup store-bought marinara sauce
- 5 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat outdoor grill or charcoal grill to 550°F and lightly oil the grates.
2. Place the turkey sausages on the grill and cook for 5 to 7 ½ minutes, then flip.
3. Cook until they reach a minimum internal temperature of 165°F (approximately 5 to 7 ½ additional minutes). Use a meat thermometer to confirm internal temperature.
4. While turkey sausages are cooking, heat the buns in the oven or on the grill (optional). Also, warm the sauce in a sauce pan on the stove.
5. Place butter, chopped garlic, sliced onions and peppers in a large piece of foil. Fold to make a small packet, then place this on the grill next to the sausages. Allow to cook until they are heated throughout and softened.
6. Once the vegetables are cooked, mix with the sauce and set aside.
7. Once sausages are cooked, place buns on clean/sanitized work surface. Place the sausages in the bun, then top with the onions and peppers mixture.
8. Top each with 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
9. Place on a platter and serve immediately.
|Serving Size||1 sausage with peppers|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 22 g||28 %|
|Saturated fat 8 g||40 %|
|Trans fat 1 g|
|Cholesterol 90 mg||29 %|
|Sodium 1550 mg||67 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 66 g||24 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4 g||15 %|
|Sugars 14 g|
|Protein 34 g|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|