- How To Cook
- 5 each Honeysuckle White® Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage Links (20 ounces)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 each 28-ounce cans crushed tomatoes in thick puree (6 IN 1 brand All Purpose Ground Tomatoes)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 pound rigatoni, cooked to al dente in boiling, salted water and drained
- Shaved Parmesan, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Place sausages on a greased sheet pan.
2. Roast sausages for 12-15 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 165° F is reached.
3. Remove cooked sausages from oven and reserve.
4. Make the tomato sauce. Heat the olive oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
5. Add onions and garlic and stir constantly until onions are soft and garlic is light gold, about 5 minutes.
6. Add the crushed tomatoes to the sautéed onions and garlic. Bring sauce to a boil, and then reduce heat to low and simmer while you cut the sausages.
7. When sausages are cool enough to handle, cut on the bias into 1/2-inch thick slices.
8. Add sausages to tomato sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
9. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
10. Ladle sauce over hot rigatoni. Serve with shaved Parmesan.
|Serving Size||About 1 cup sauce and 1 cup rigatoni|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat||130|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 14 g||23 %|
|Saturated fat 3 g||15 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 45 mg||15 %|
|Sodium 1080 mg||45 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 60 g||20 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6 g||24 %|
|Sugars 11 g|
|Protein 23 g|
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 35%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|