- How To Cook
- 1 package Honeysuckle White® Cheese Stuffed Italian Turkey Meatballs
- 1 package egg noodles
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 6-8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 ½ cups beef broth (low sodium)
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Recipe and images courtesy of ‘Blackberry Babe’
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. Bring a pot of water to boil and cook egg noodles according to package directions.
3. Place meatballs in oven safe baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, following package instructions. Meatballs are fully cooked when meat reaches an internal temperature of 165°F using a meat thermometer.
4. In a large skillet over medium high heat, add olive oil and heat for 1-2 minutes. Add onion and mushrooms, sauté for 3-4 minutes until they begin to get fragrant. Add garlic, sauté for another 30 seconds, do not allow to brown.
5. Add butter to onions and mushrooms in pan, and melt, stirring vigorously. Once melted, add flour and continue to stir vigorously until the flour has absorbed the butter and formed a paste.
6. Add beef broth and whisk vigorously to remove lumps on high heat, allowing to boil for 2-3 minutes until it begins to thicken.
7. Turn burner off and whisk in sour cream and mushroom soup.
8. Stir until mixture is thoroughly incorporated.
9. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
10. Serve over egg noodles, top with meatballs.
|Serving Size||About 2 cups|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 28 g||36 %|
|Saturated fat 11 g||55 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 175 mg||58 %|
|Sodium 1080 mg||47 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 62 g||23 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||4 %|
|Sugars 8 g|
|Protein 32 g|
Vitamin D 0%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|