- How To Cook
- 8 Honeysuckle White® Breakfast Sausage Links
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Minced parsley, optional
1. Peel, core and cut the apple into about 18 even slices.
2. Trim the stems, fronds and any brown bits from the fennel bulb. Cut the bulb in half, through the base. Cut core from each piece and discard, then slice the remaining fennel into strips.
3. Toss the fennel strips, apple slices and oil together in a large cast iron skillet and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
4. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally. If mixture becomes too dry, add a couple tablespoons of water. Cook until apples start browning in spots, about 7 minutes
5. Push the fennel and apples to one side of the pan and add the sausage links. Continue cooking until the sausages turn brown and fennel is tender, about 5 minutes.
6. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Garnish with parsley if desired.
|Serving Size||2 sausage links and about 1/3 cup fennel mixture|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat||100|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 12 g||18 %|
|Saturated fat 2.5 g||13 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 45 mg||15 %|
|Sodium 440 mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 10 g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||8 %|
|Sugars 7 g|
|Protein 12 g|
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 15%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|