- How To Cook
- Cooking spray
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 3 Honeysuckle White® Sweet Italian Sausages, casings removed
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15-ounce can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach or torn fresh spinach leaves, about 4 cups
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Grilled bread (optional)
1. Heat a large, preferably nonstick, Dutch oven over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray.
2. Add onions to the Dutch oven and cook over medium-high heat until softened, about 3 minutes
3. Add the sausage and crumble, cooking until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, chickpeas and Italian seasoning.
5. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Add the spinach and cook just until it wilts. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. To serve, place grilled bread in bowls, pour the stew on top and sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese.
|Serving Size||About 1 1/4 cups|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat||90|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 10 g||15 %|
|Saturated fat 2.5 g||13 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 55 mg||18 %|
|Sodium 1080 mg||45 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 33 g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 9 g||36 %|
|Sugars 8 g|
|Protein 26 g|
Vitamin A 60%
Vitamin C 50%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|