Turkey Tuscan Soup
- 6 Servings
- 5 mins Prep Time
- 25 mins Total Time
- 1 Tuscan-Style Tomato Garlic Basil Turkey Skillet Kit
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cups rotini pasta (or use gluten-free)
- 1 (32 ounce) box chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, plus more finishing
- Salt to taste
- Fresh basil for finishing
Step 1Heat olive oil in large sauce pan, with deep sides, to medium high heat. When hot, add turkey cutlets. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and let rest for 5 minutes on cutting board.
Step 2Slice turkey into thin strips, and cut in half. Add back to skillet, along with skillet sauce packet, fire roasted tomatoes, and pasta. Stir to combine, then add box of chicken broth and black pepper.
Step 3Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes, until pasta is al dente. Remove from heat, and stir in spinach, vinegar, and cheese. Let sit for 5 minutes so spinach wilts. Taste, and add salt as needed. This will depend on the amount of sodium in your broth. Scoop into bowls and finish with extra cheese and fresh basil. The fresh basil adds so much freshness, don't leave it out!