- How To Cook
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup Diamond Crystal® Kosher salt (use 3 tablespoons if using another brand)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cup ice
1. Mix the first 6 ingredients until the salt and sugar have completely dissolved.
2. Add the cold water and ice to the mix.
3. Using a stainless pot, food-grade plastic bucket or brining bag, place in the turkey then cover it with the brine. Prior to adding the brine, make sure that it is 40°F or below prior to adding to the turkey.
4. Make sure that the turkey is fully submerged. Let the turkey sit for a minimum of 24 hours up to 48 hours in the refrigerator.
5. After the meat is done brining you will want to pat the turkey dry with some towels before applying the topical seasoning. Discard the brine after the meat has been removed.