- How To Cook
- 1 lb Honeysuckle White® 93% ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 large bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3-4 large zucchinis, thinly sliced into long strips using a wide vegetable peeler
- 1/3 cup red enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Optional toppings: chopped cilantro and sour cream
- Images & recipe courtesy of Isabel Eats
1. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, bell peppers and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes, until vegetables have softened.
2. Add the ground turkey, chili powder, ground cumin, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and oregano. Mix together and break up the meat using a spatula. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until the meat has browned and fully cooked through. Remove from heat.
3. Place zucchini slices in between two sheets of paper towels and pat down to remove any excess moisture.
4. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Lay out two large rectangular baking dishes.
5. Lay out 3 slices of zucchini and overlap each of them lengthwise about halfway to create one long zucchini base.
6. Place about 1-2 tablespoons of ground turkey mixture in the middle of the zucchini and roll up like an enchilada.
7. Place the zucchini roll in the baking dish and repeat until all the ground turkey has been used.
8. Top enchiladas with a small spoonful of enchilada sauce and a pinch of shredded cheese.
9. Bake for 10 minutes until the cheese has melted. Top with sour cream and cilantro if desired. Serve immediately.